Friday, April 25, 2008

The Painted Veil

Last weekend I got a chance to watch the best movie. Oh crap I guess I should not have said best, now when you go to watch it you are going to be disappointed. Anyway, it was pretty good. On Saturday, I was getting ready for my Mom's bday party when I happened to find this movie on TV. I had no idea what it was about, and I missed the first 30 minutes....but the movie totally sucked me in. It's one of those movies that are kinda slow, kinda boring depending on the mood you are when you are watching it, but it just kinda sucks you in. Like a book that doesn't have much going on but for some reason you cannot put it down.

The movie has Naomi Watts and Edward Norton, who I adore! It is set in the 1920's in Shanghai. Basically, Naomi Watts (Kitty....love the name) marries Edward Norton (Walter)to get away from her Mom. Naomi is kinda spoiled and Edward is a soft spoken scientist who is totally in love with her. Well...........Naomi ends up having an affair and Edward finds out. So he takes her into the middle of a cholera epidemic in an unstable political environment. Edward is all pissed, understandably when you find you wife with another man. So he is treating her really bad.

As you can guess they both fall madly in love with each other because they get to see things in each other that they couldn't before. I'll let you watch it to find out what happens in the end. The best thing about the movie is how good the writing is and how the cinematography is just beautiful. They really create characters that you care about. Plus, I LOVVVE Edward Norton. He looks good in the 1920's clothes.

Go and rent it this weekend.
BriannaNichole!

1 comment:

That Girl said...

That movie came HIGHLY recommended by the in-laws....so we're not seeing it.