Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bless You.....ug

Dang I keep trying to think of how I can start this blog post and NOTHING is coming to mind. I keep starting to type stuff and then deleting it. I am feeling very non-witty today. Not that my blogs are ever witty, but I do try.

So I am really feeling the irony right now. I will give you the back story first, I was going to Terentino (sp) it but just because I really wanted to sound cool and say 'Terentino it'.

So this is back when I was with my EX and just friends with now Hubby. My now hubby sneezed and got really pissed at me because I didn't say bless you, or anything. I thought he was totally over re-acting and he should just get over it. See, I grew up with a dad who is a Jehovah's Witness and they never say bless you. In fact no one in my house did so it never seemed like a big deal to me. I went out with my EX and I was telling him the story about how my now hubby got all pissed at me for not saying bless you. To my shock my Ex totally agreed with him. He went so far as to say how it was really annoying to him. I think his exact words were; 'Yeah, I hate that shit'. Ummmm, really no one has ever said anything like that to me.

Ever since then, about 4ish years ago, I have made it a point to Always say bless you to people when they sneeze. In fact My mom even says it now!!!

Fast forward to now, I just moved into a smaller room at work, there are only three of us sitting together. The ironic part...none of my coworkers ever say bless you to me! I sneeze all the time, and I am always greeted with silence. Its totally not a big deal, it just really irritates me. Oh how things have changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um. I did NOT get pissed at you. It was annoying yes, but was never like mad at you. Get the story right wife! :)

- hubby

weezermonkey said...

I never say bless you. It makes no sense. You sneeze because a particle triggers histamines.

People used to say "bless you" because they believed it prevented the soul from leaving one's body.

It's 2008. We know this isn't so anymore. ;)

That Girl said...

I believe the soul leaves the body when you sneeze so I always say Bless You, Geshundeheit, or a tes souhaits.